Hello all (the 5 or so of you that read this),
Last night I had a great time in Waco with Whitley (check out her blog!) and Cameron. We made the trip for the basketball game, and although the outcome of the game wasn't what we wanted, we still had a great night! I love Aggie basketball, a lot. and that is such an understatement. However, as I was sitting there at the end of the game, about 20 seconds left, I was a complete and total nervous wreck. I could barley control myself. I have this unreal passion for that basketball team and I hate to watch them lose. Then when we were walking back to the car it hit me. What if I was as passionate about my relationship with Jesus, as I am passionate about Aggie basketball? I haven't been able to stop thinking about that. How much different would my life look? Its a hard truth to take in, but it is truth. There are a lot of things that we replace Jesus with. In this time in our lives, many of us could probably substitute Aggie basketball with future job plans. What if you cared as much about Jesus as you do care about where you are working, who you are working for and if you are going to have a job period. I know that this is rambling and I don't really know where I am going with it yet, but I am praying through this at this time in my life, and I am confident in the Lord showing up and teaching me more through this situation and these thoughts. I feel like this doesn't make sense because it is still so jumbled up in my mind and heart still. Oh well.
Until next time.
If you are reading this, I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
great thoughts, Bret...it was good to finally meet you the other night! have a great week
ReplyDelete